Thursday, July 9, 2009

This is the life

Emily

Being from the west coast, Emily and I had never experienced going to the beach and swimming in WARM water! It was FABULOUS! But before we ever even stepped foot in the water, we were in awe over the WHITE sand. We spent about an hour in the water, and would have stayed far longer, but a freak rain storm blew through (it's been rainier here far more than not, so far, but it's not slowing us down any!) and we had to high-tail it out of there. We had ourselves a bit of a thrilling adventure partway into the beach visit when several Manatees surfaced within 8 feet of us! Scared me a little at first, to see such huge animals so close, and not being sure of what they might do, but after the initial shock, it was REALLY neat to see them and see everyone on the beach running toward the water to get a better look. I'll keep it to myself how when I first saw the dark shapes, my initial thought was that it was a sharks... *grin*

We head to DisneyWorld today, and I don't think either girl really understands what that means, but Carole and I are giddy with excitement over finally getting to take them (neither one has ever been to a Disney park before, and I haven't been to one since I was 14!).

I don't know if I'll get any more chances to check in, but Kaci ever so kindly agreed to try to deal with things around here for me (please forgive her if she slips up and doesn't get a post done for me, her daddy got a BAD injury and I know her thoughts are going to be with him... XOXO Kaci's daddy!)

5 comments:

Kaci said...

Don't you worry sister I got you covered! I love Em's suit! WAYYY WAYYY cute! :)

Have fun at Disney...I so wish I was there with you. HAVE FUN! Get some Mickey ears!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Oh I am so jealous! That water looks so nice. Have a blast!

Betsy Hart said...

UGH! I am jealous too!! But I will be happy for you. :) Enjoy yourself!!

Missy said...

Look like heaven!!! BTW I LOVE Em's hair!! Its soooooooooo cute!
Have fun!

Unknown said...

love that picture...would be great in black and white as well....fun!

I hope you are having a grand time (or wait...when do you return?)....HUGS...sorry I've been mia and haven't been reading or commenting...Have a great time girl!