Thursday, September 18, 2008

Emily isn't the only one with a tale to tell

I should have mentioned how at Connor's two-year-old well-child appt, the doctor asked him about a rug burn he had on his neck (he ran across the room, dove at Dan, who was laying on the ground, did a weird roll right over the top of Dan and landed in a skidding heap on the floor on the other side) and Connor informed the doctor that a dog bit him. Which isn't AT ALL true, but was is obsession for about two weeks. He'd walk in, first thing in the morning, and inform me one of three things: 1) dog bit me. 2) dog eat me. 3) dog hurt me. He'd say it very pathetically and sadly, and the area of the "wound" was always some place different. So he informs our DOCTOR that the dog bit him (and the child has NEVER been bitten by a dog, nipped at, snapped at, NOTHING). So I, of course, decide that I must document this phrase to share with him later on in life, and figured I may as well share with you all as well!


I also have him on video saying his dad beat him, which, oddly enough, was recorded about two weeks before the incident with Emily informing her entire first grade class that she lost her tooth because her dad beat her. GEEZ! People are gonna start thinking it's true (and it's soooooooooooooo not true!)

8 comments:

Kaci said...

Poooooor CJ! Mean ol dog/rug! LOL!

Betsy Hart said...

That is so fricken HILARIOUS!! LOL! I love it when they make up little stories like that... though sometimes its disturbing when you don't have the slightest idea where they got it from....

Anonymous said...

So you just let dogs chew up your kids, I see how it is! Mean mom!!

Anonymous said...

FUUUUUUUNNY!!! ♥

Kristina said...

I always wish I could get inside their little heads to see what's going on! Creative kid!

Cheryl said...

LOL! Better be careful...teacher thinks Emily's been beaten, now the dr. thinks Connor's been bitten. If they get together & compare notes, watch out! How funny your kids are!

bv said...

holy crap! makes you wonder what they think and how they think it?! love the video!

Anonymous said...

*LOL* Go figure he has to tell the DOCTOR that. Kids just have programmed in them to embarrass their parents. I swear it.