Wednesday, September 17, 2008

LOVELY!

So the other weekend, after a day of fun and excitement, I was heading to bed when my knee suddenly felt really weird. It almost felt like my pajama pants were sticking to my knee, like they'd gotten wet or something. But when I reached down to feel, I felt a large lump on my knee instead. It was entirely disgusting and horrifying, and I stopped dead in my tracks, sure the next step was going to hurt REALLY bad (because, of course, I was positive I'd seriously dislocated something). Dan came back to our bedroom about 30 seconds later and discovered me and carried me to bed and convinced me try bending it. It didn't hurt, but it was strangely halfway numb to the touch, and kind of squishy, but firm at the same time (I liken it to a ripe peach). We iced it and wrapped it, and figured if it didn't hurt, it couldn't be too bad, and left it for the morning. It was much better BY FAR the next morning, but took a good two days before it was NORMAL. I can't be a good blogger and not have taken pictures to share, so you here go! Wasn't it lovely? (gag!)
Photobucket

I don't even think the pictures do it justice. It was a good 1 inch (at least) high and about 2.5 inces long by about one inch wide.
Photobucket

I have no clue what it was, and I desperately pray it never come back!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

if I was there with you I'd so want to poke the heck out of that thing.

Anonymous said...

interesting yet freaky.....

i hope your Knee Knob never comes back!!!

bv said...

dang, that's weird...i'm sorry :(

Trailboss said...

Well that is just the strangest thing! Glad it didn't hurt cause it looks like it would.

Cheryl said...

EWWW...Mysterious things growing forth from the knew. Like I said, EWWW... :0)

Cheryl said...

LOL!! I meant from the knee--sorry, it's too early to be typing.

Kaci said...

Owie again!

Hope it feels better!

Jodi said...

Um...yucky! How on earth did that happen? I probably would have been poking it too (like Shellie) because I just can't leave stuff like that alone. Hope you're feeling better. :0)

Cindy Lou Who said...

That is the freakiest thing i've eer seen. You gotta take that pic with you to the Dr. next time and see what they say. I hope it doesn't come back too, for your sake. ;o)

Melissa said...

oh weird. Hopefully it is done and wont come back

Betsy Hart said...

That looks soooo gross!! Glad it went away, and I hope it never comes back!!

Kristina said...

Gross. When I said you should share pics of you, that's pretty much the opposite of what I was thinking. Now I need to go think happy things to get that out of my head. (I love you!! And I'm glad it disappeared...here's hoping it stays gone.)

Anonymous said...

That is weird!

ClancyPants said...

i've had freaky things like that... mysterious lumps on extremities, and once my knee wouldn't bend without EXCRUCIATING pain. I went to the ER on the knee one and they had nothin. Nada. Zip. Then it was gone the next day. Weirdness in the body!!! Sorry about yours!