Monday, September 22, 2008

Good Ol' Toby

A few weeks ago, I took the kids to the public library and let them each grab up a few books to check out. We read a few each day, and one day, got to the book Toby, Who Are You? Connor LOVED IT. Made us read it over and over and over again. He wandered around the house with it, hunted it down if he couldn't find it, chattered non-stop about TOBY TOBY TOBY. A week before it was due, I got the brilliant idea to get onto Amazon.com to try to find the book. I found a new copy for $6 something or other and then s&h, but it only came to $10 something or other for a brand new, hardback book, and Connor is in HEAVEN.
Photobucket


Interestingly enough, in my search for the Toby book, I discovered there are two other Toby books as well (Toby, What Are You? and Toby, Where Are You?). I ordered them as well thinking I was going to be mom of the year in my child's eyes. Um...well...he's happy perusing the pages of the other two books HIMSELF, but don't bother trying to read them to him. He walks off, or gets mad and takes the book away from you. But read the original one? I think he'd sit for hours. EVERY NIGHT, when it's time to read books before bed, "Toby book? Toby!" And no, we don't read Toby every night. And yes, Toby has found himself hidden a few times thus far...LOL

And if anyone can research what kind of animal Toby is in the book, I'd greatly appreciate it, because at the moment, just about any furry creature we see on TV or in books, or even in real life, gets dubbed, "Toby!" And we have no idea what to tell him Toby really is (my best guess is a monkey/lemur something or other?).

8 comments:

bv said...

So darling! It's funny the things that they attach themselves to! Again, don't you just wish you could see inside their head to understand the thought process behind it all?!

Anonymous said...

That looks like an awesome book! I'll have to check it out when we go to the library on Wed.

Kaci said...

I bet it's like a porcipine or something. LOL! :) I heart CJ

Anonymous said...

toby books are so cute!

and i don't know what he is!!!! ha ha!!!

Betsy Hart said...

AW! I love it when they love a book so much! Its hard when it gets lost, but worth it to see them so excited about something.

Jen said...

SO CUTE!

Cheryl said...

He's so cute! My friend's little boy I get to babysit every once in a while LOVES books--he just turned 1 & you just hold out a book & he comes running. You can read to him for 1/2 hr. non-stop & he's VERY focused on what you're reading to him. Amazing kids!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great book and he's a doll.