Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me!

Today is my 8th anniversary!

I had plans of putting together a slide show to music to play today, but life got extremely busy over the weekend, so you'll just have to enjoy a few pics and you can imagine the music in your head (sound good? LOL)

It's hard to believe it's been 8 years since we got married, and 11 years since we first started dating. We've come a long way in those 8 and 11 years. I'm a lucky girl, I tell ya!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rain ended up being predicted for the weekend of our wedding, so my mom rushed out and bought a golf umbrella that coordinated with our wedding colors, and a friend of hers decorated it with lavendar ribbons to dress it up
Photobucket

The limo never showed up, so this is how you arrive at your own reception in that circumstance...LOL
Photobucket

My mom has this picture framed up on her wall, along with pictures of her and my dad cutting their cake, and my grandparents cutting THEIR cake. It's really neat!
Photobucket

Danny, I love you! Thank you for 8 wonderful years so far...

18 comments:

Kaci said...

Okay I just sprayed my computer screen after seeing you climbing out of the truck. LOL! You poor thing!!

Beautiful pics...I've never seen them. You both look so young!! :)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful dress, beautiful bride, handsome groom, strange way to arrive at your own wedding. I hope you gave the limo company a piece of your mind! But, apparently it didn't let it ruin your wedding.

Cindy Lou Who said...

Oh - Congrats! Happy Anniversary! These days, staying married any length of time is a miracle. My hubby and I had our 14 year wedding Ann. in August and our 17 year Ann. of being together in June. It does go fast.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures. I love the one of you crawling out of the SUV. haha Happy anniversary.

Unknown said...

Wedding pictures always make me cry, you were a beautiful bride. Rain on your wedding day is good luck, showers from heaven. It was hot and sunny on my wedding day, it didn't work out. Happy Anniversary to you and Danny and your beautiful family!w

Betsy Hart said...

Those are just BEAUTIFUL!! You and Dan haven't changed alot have you?? LOVE the one of you getting out of the truck! lol!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 8 years of wedded bliss!!! Here's to many, many more!!

Dana said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Rachel said...

Love, Love, LOVE! the dress!
Beautiful pictures! Happy Anniversary and Congratulations!!

ClancyPants said...

I, too, love the dress. You are so beautiful! I don't see many pics of you on here. Congratulations to you and Danny! That's really great. Good job! Marriage isn't for sissy's! (neither is parenthood... combine the two, and you get IRONMAN/WOMAN!)

bv said...

You are more than lucky, you are beautiful! I love your wedding pics and the one in the truck is probably my fav!! Congrats and Happy Anniversary to you!

Anonymous said...

hehehe I remember the trunk one, poor thing! You're a good sport though. Your dress was very beautiful. Congrats to 8 years!!

Anonymous said...

happy Anny!

love the one in the truck too!

Mom said...

You were a gorgeous bride happy
8th anniversary!!!

Cattigan said...

Love the picture of you climbing out the back of the SUV! How GH classy is that?!?!?!? You two look sooooo young!

Jodi said...

Happy day! Congratulations on eight years of marriage. Those pictures were beautiful. LOVED the truck one. ha ha!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

YOU were a beautiful bride and Dan was a very handsome groom! Thanks for posting the pictures; it was fun looking at them! I look at the set of three pics everyday of you walking up behind Dan and him seeing you for the first time in your wedding dress (they hang above the fireplace mantle). Congratulations!!