Friday, September 5, 2008

Good friends and neighbors

We have neighbors that moved into our neighborhood last November and we've become good friends with them over the last almost year. They are a VERY friendly, generous, FUN (etc!!) family and we're so thrilled to have them as friends and neighbors.

They recently invited us down to dinner, which they've done MANY times before. Jason has severe pet allergies and we have a cat, so we're unable to ever invite them HERE, so I've been asking them to allow me to provide the meal one of these times. They finally agreed, and I took the Deceptively Delicious lasagna and it was a hit!

Here are Jason and Michelle
Photobucket

Jason and Michelle are wine drinkers and KNOW their wine. Dan and I don't know a darn thing about wine, but figure we'll eventually learn! LOL After we finished dinner, we started discussing the different wineries they've been to over the years and they started showing us some of the bottles they've saved and telling the stories of what event went along with each bottle. Somehow it came up that Jason could fit an entire bottle of wine into his wine glass. I will admit it appeared to be a large wine glass, but I was skeptical.

Do you think he could do it?
Photobucket

The answer is YES, he most certainly CAN fit an entire bottle of wine into that wine glass!
Photobucket

Talk about having a GLASS OF WINE!! ha ha ha! He didn't actually drink all that himself, though, he poured it into other glasses for everyone else (except me, because I've found I prefer white wine over red).

I'm thinking that bottle is worthy of saving after the night of fun and laughter and PROVING ME WRONG! Years from now he can pull it out and say, "Remember when you wouldn't believe me that I could pour this whole bottle of wine into my wine glass, and even though we'd had plenty of wine already, I cracked open the bottle and proved you wrong?"

CHEERS!

PS Honest to goodness people, get out and buy Deceptively Delicious and make that lasagna!! And then come on over and comment about how grateful you are to me for bringing it's amazing goodness to your attention. And then invite some friends and/or family over to enjoy it with you. And maybe even crack open a bottle of wine and create your own stories to share over the empty bottle years from now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can't I have neighbors who want to cook for me and serve me wine! Oh, yeah, I live in a geriatric neighborhood and they all drive motorized wheel chairs.

also known as shell said...

yummy lasagne. I've been totally wanting this book. I think I'll borrow it from a friend. when I do make the lasagne I'll let you know and thank you and give you a $100

Cindy Lou Who said...

I Love that cookbook - I have it too...haven't tried the lasagna, well, I sorta did. I mixed my own recipe and some of her's in the book, and it turned out great. Now I make my own recipes up using her ideas with the veggies...It's fun to be creative.

We have neighbors that have become our best friends too, and we do dinners and drinking (although ours is tequila, not wine, LOL), and its so fun for the kids and you get to walk home. :o)

Betsy Hart said...

You can make me some and bring it over! LOL!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ IT's so nice to meet good people! :)

Kaci said...

Oooo good food, good wine, good friends!! AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you have made such good friends with your neighbors. :) We had to con friends into moving into our neighborhood to have that. ;) Hey, whatever works right?!

Cheryl said...

Well, I haven't had alcohol for about 32 years, but I remember wine...sooo tasty. When I was a kid, my parents went to Napa Valley & did the "rounds" of all the wineries. I didn't get to taste at the time, but Mom & Dad sure enjoyed it. The would have LOVED that glass!

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.