Monday, March 2, 2009

At the speed of light

If I thought Connor was fast before, his prior speed was NOTHING compared to how quickly he moved at the mall Friday when the automatic flushing toilet flushed while he was still sitting down!!! He had JUST sat down, when suddenly the toilet flushed. His eyes went a bit wild, and I think he might have flown a bit off the toilet before scaling up my body at the speed of light, all the while shrieking, "Help me, Mama!" It was a bit heartbreaking and a bit hilarious at the same time. Thankfully, he was easy to calm down and easy to coax back onto the toilet, but wouldn't you know it... When he was done on the toilet, we couldn't get that thing to flush to save our lives!! ha!

In relating the story to Dan, I remembered a similar situation with Emily when she about Connor's age, except her reaction was to fly off the toilet, burst into hysterical sobbing tears, and it was WEEKS (months?) before I could talk her onto another public toilet again. I finally got her onto a NON-automatic flushing version at the library and she kept asking me, "This one won't flush by itself?" and I kept repeating, "Nope, we have to tell it to flush when we're done." (meaning that the flushing of the toilet was in OUR control). She took her sweet time getting onto the seat, did her business, then jumped off at the speed of light when she was done and yelled, "FLUSH, TOILET!" (she was TELLING IT to flush!). It was pretty funny!

And either Jared escaped any automatic flushing toilet scares, or I'm a bad mommy and don't recall any. For my own peace of mind, we'll say he escaped any scares!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

K-Girl is still scared of automatic flushes and HATES public flushing all together. She holds her ears almost the entire time she's in a public restroom.

The story of Connor is like you said both hilarious and makes you want to give him a big ole hug.

Mommy Project said...

Ahh...poor guy! I guess we don't have as many automatic toilets around here - I can't recall my girls ever having been on one. Good thing!! :-0

Unknown said...

Poor baby, I'm so jealous that he is potty training and TOF refuses :(

Kaci said...

LOL!!! Not laughing at him I swear I can just see it in my head!

Betsy Hart said...

Post it notes. Seriously. Pop one over the sensor and you won't have the dang thing flushing every 14 seconds.... I can see him doing that though!!