Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rockstars galore!

Emily got invited to a birthday party for our neighbor girl, and it was held at Justice for Girls. Each girl was treated to a rockstar make-over (ratted, hairsprayed and glittered, BIG hair, along with make-up, gem stickers for their cheeks, arm socks, and a bag of GOODIES--which the girls got to pick out from the display stand and, GO FIGURE, my kid stocked up on lip gloss and eye shadow...LOL), then got to participate in several rounds of charades, a couple rounds of a dance/freeze deal (dance until the music stops, then freeze, and you're out if they see you move), and THEN got do be a part of a faux runway show to show off their new do's and make-up. SERIOUSLY ADORABLE and the kids had a BLAST!! I wasn't convinced I'd ever be able to drag Emily out of that place!!

Here she is showing off her stuff.
Emily,fun events

I wish you could see better how BIG her hair was in back. I washed it three times to make sure I got all the hairspray and glitter out, and then I used three times too much conditioner and brushed out all the ratted tangles while the conditioner was still in her hair. It actually went very smoothly, and the effort was well worth how much fun she had!

Here are a few more of the girls with Emily:
Emily,fun events

You can plainly see that Emily's not having any fun at all, nor is she getting into it, even the teeniest little bit. HA HA HA!!!!!!!! That child was EATING IT UP! Especially during the charades portion. I expected her to sort of hang back a bit, not generally being the kid in the center of the crowd, and she really didn't know many of the other party-goers very well (she's a year older), but she was hamming it up and going all-out with her acting. It was something to see, and there was me, without a video camera!

For anyone who is interested, the rockstar themed party at Justice is $25/kid with a five kid minimum, so your party can get expensive really fast, but you more than get your $25 worth each kid. The gifted six goodies Emily picked from the display stand were price tagged on average of $3 each, so that's $18-ish dollars right there, then the arm socks,the fake microphone, the hair-do and make-over, and games that were played... The party was a HUGE hit with the little girls, mine especially!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a party.
It's amazing what they come up with for birthdays now days!
What happened to McD's play land?

Looks like she had a wonderful
time!

Cindy Lou Who said...

OMG - My Emily has that same dress in the same colors! LOL - Emily had that same party last year - and it was a huge hit with the 7/8 year crowd too. :o)

Kaci said...

How fun! I love there arm warmers!

Mommy Project said...

Wow! This is a fantastic idea. My girls would eat this up!! I love it. The hair-do's are so cute. :)

ClancyPants said...

WOW! That sounds like a party any little girl could dig on! Well, I guess I have a friend who has a tomboy girl who would've hated it, but Ella would love it! :) So cute! And that pic of Emily at the end is GREAT! She's definitely the star!

Anonymous said...

omg!!!

what a DOLL!!!!!!!!!

Betsy Hart said...

That looks like sooo much fun!! I am glad she enjoyed herself, can't tell by looking at the pics at all. :)

Rachel said...

PRECIOUS!! Looks like os much fun! YAY for that.

A Justice opened up here last year and I was wondering about it. I think I see some parties in our future!! Thanks for sharing.

Shan said...

Oh it looks like so much fun! Abby would totally be into that!