Thursday, March 26, 2009

How does he do that?

Jared has this ability to fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Tuesday night, I was tucking the boys in and Jared commented that his blue blanket wasn't at the end of his bed (fleece blanket with silky edging I made for him as a baby, which isn't the most prized of lovies any longer, hence it's place at the END of his bed, but he likes knowing it's down there). I told him I'd go find it and bring it back to him. I walked to the other end of our house, found it on the couch, stopped for a quick glass of water, then headed into his room with the blanket. He was sound asleep already. Last night, I tucked the kids into their beds, came out sat down at the computer. I'd BARELY sat down when Connor came out of his room saying he had to go potty (yet again!). I helped him use the bathroom and wash his hands and put him back in bed and looked up into the top bunk to say goodnight to Jared again, but he was OUT. And so it goes, night after night. He's asleep within a minute or two of laying down. How does he do that???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was like that as a kid.
Maybe we played harder than other kids. I didn't even have to have a bed time because I was ready for bed before Mother said it was time!

Mommy Project said...

Nice. I'm sure many mommies will be envious of that! Mine are ~fairly~ fast to go to sleep...but not *that* fast! :)

Betsy Hart said...

Don't say it too loud, he might stop. I will trade you for the girl who never wants to sleep!!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Oh I wish I could sleep like that!

I'll send Emily over if you want. She never sleeps!

Kristina said...

I wish I was like that. I lay awake night after night trying to get to sleep. I can't even read myself to sleep because I get involved in the story and can't put it down! Some nights are better than others, but I am never asleep seconds after my head hits the pillow.

Kaci said...

Awhh man if only that could happen to me...I'd be rested all the time!