Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Prayer of the Selfish Child

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray thee Lord my soul to keep
And if I die before I wake
I pray thee Lord my toys to break
So none of the other kids can use em
Amen
~Shel Silverstein~

Connor wasn't willing to let ANYONE be involved in his play with the Little People. To be fair, he'd hauled it all out and had been happily playing in his own little world for over an hour and I can't say I'm always very keen on being interrupted when I'm in the middle of something either!
Connor

4 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

Very cute! I totally know what he feels like. Sometimes I just want to play alone too...Ok...everyday I want to play alone! LOL...

Kaci said...

He's so cute! I love that poem

Anonymous said...

An hour of quiet play?! You're a lucky momma!

Betsy Hart said...

An hour?? Are you kidding me?? I still can't get M to play alone for an hour!! I wouldn't want to be interrupted either!