Monday, March 16, 2009

Jump Jump!

Emily and her group of friends at school have been REALLY into jump roping at recess lately. The only jump rope we have at home is a flimsy, light-weight one made out of ROPE (imagine that! ha ha), and it's difficult to jump with. Dan promised her this weekend that he'd take her out and find her a plastic one that had some more weight and would hold it's shape better. They found just what they needed at Target, and the new jump rope even has flashing handles! Emily is ALLLLLLLLL about her new jump rope and has been jumping up a storm. I'm convinced she's going to wear a hole through the floor in the kitchen from all the jumping she's been doing this weekend!
Emily

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flashing handles?? I'd sooo be jumping a hole through the floor too! What a good thing for her to be into now. I wish Brooke would like something like that instead of watching cartoons!

Mommy Project said...

My girls are getting really big into jumping rope all of a sudden. I wish I could find a cool one like that for them. Last summer Maddie couldn't really figure the whole jump-rope thing out (she kept turning the rope backwards), but now, all of a sudden, she has gotten really good! I'll have to show her this pic. - she'll love it.

Kaci said...

Awwwh I loved jumping rope when I was ittle!! :) GO EM!

Anonymous said...

Hey! What about Jared?! He called me Sunday to tell me HE could jump rope!

Betsy Hart said...

That sounds like a totally cool jumprope! I always like the school ones best though, with the plastic beads and such... hurt like heck when you hit yourself with them though!

Anonymous said...

I used to love jump roping. Sounds like an awesome jump rope. Great exercise too!