Monday, March 30, 2009

Never fear!!

Leah is not intentionally leaving you, her faithful blog readers, hanging. She and her family went on an impromptu vacation to a lake cabin - jealous much?

She asked me if I would guest blog for her for the beginning of the week - actually, truth be told, she informed me in no uncertain terms (though kindly) that I would be guest blogging for her - so here I am!

This is Kristina again, from Confusaled.

I'll be back later today to update Leah's blog, but first I have to get my cats to the vet.

Actually, I need to get showered and dressed, and then run all the way across town to get a new cat carrier because we left the old one out in the sun to deodorize naturally after the cat peed in it last time we took him to the vet...five months ago. Needless to say, it's going to be far easier and more sanitary to just go get a new one. Then I need to get home, and get the cats corralled and shoved into the crates which is no easy feat.

They are wise to my tricks now. Treats don't work anymore. Last time I took Zoe to the vet, I had to trick her into the bathroom where I had hidden the cat carrier in the shower. Let's just say that wasn't fun, shall we? Sid fights less, but hides more. And pity my poor, pathetic soul if they see the carriers before I get the bedroom doors shut. When J - my seven foot tall husband with a seven foot arm span - is not home, there's really no way for me to get the cats out from under the bed. They just scoot around under there, holding their bellys and laughing at me. It's more like derisive sneering, actually.

It's just plain rude.

So, wish me luck, and in the meantime tell me this: what would you like me to write about for the next few days?

I'll check the comments when I get home, and will do my best to cover requested topics. If no one comments, I'll just have to subject you all to whatever pops into my head.

And that could be scary.

4 comments:

Auntie said...

Leah's Auntie here...
Is your husband really seven feet tall? If I remember right, wasn't Leah and Emily Grace in your wedding when EG was about 18 months old?
Thanks for filling in!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Oh I am so jealous of LEah right now! I could totally use a vaca! Hope she's having a blast!

Thanks for filling in!

Betsy Hart said...

I'm thinking I would love to hear more about your adventure with the cats!! lol.

Kaci said...

Good for Leah and her fam they need a break every now and then!! Rock on Christina! I say more Hallmark Cards cuz those are my favs!