Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Baby gift

Emily's dance teacher is having a baby boy at the end of February, so I started working on a blanket/hat/mitten set to give her as a gift. We only see her on Fridays, so I wanted to make sure I had it done in PLENTY of time so we could for sure give it all to her before the baby was born. I think we'll probably give it to her this Friday, just to be safe (safe that nothing happens to it in my house between now and the end of February, and safe that she for sure gets it before the baby comes...).

Here's the blanket. It's approx. 35X35 inches
Photobucket

Close-up of the pattern:
Photobucket

Here's the hat. I attempted to work the same pattern around the middle as the blanket so they were coordinated. It looks kind of messy, but once it's on, everything looks straight and even
Photobucket

here's the little mittens:
Photobucket

I use Em's "Boy Baby" as the model. His head's a little bigger than a newborn, so that hat may end up being a little tall, but I figure better tall than short (tall, you can cuff up)
Photobucket

Photobucket

I have to add, the yarn is sooooooo soft, too, and totally washable!

5 comments:

Kaci said...

So way cute Leah!!

Kellan said...

How beautiful and what a nice gift! You did a wonderful job! One of my most favorite gifts my twins received when they were born was a set of afagans a friend of ours crocheted for them - I still have those blankets and they were so special. Take care. Kellan

Valarie said...

Ok, first off how stinkin' cute that you stuck them on the baby doll. And second I LOVE LOVE LOVE that shade of blue! And third..GREAT JOB!

Betsy Hart said...

Is it the same yarn you used on nattie's hat? TOTALLY Adorable!! I would love to buy one from you that would fit m!! (just use c as a sizer!! lol)

Anonymous said...

I love that pattern! So cute! You did a great job! Hey you used the baby boy model for Noelle and her hat fit perfect! :)