Monday, January 7, 2008

MOM'S RIGHT

This is a naughty-boy tale about Jared, but it has a rather hilarious ending worth sharing...

Connor was trying to stick a PlayStation2 game into the VCR (I know, we're old school! ha ha!) and instead of alerting me to the problem, Jared took a big ball we have (the ones with the handles you hold onto and jump around on) and swung it around and knocked Connor over with it (that's not the hilarious part, btw...). I sent Jared to his room for a time-out while I picked up the screaming Connor (who had a bright red cheek from the contact with the ball, AND a bump on his head where he fell over into the TV stand...). Got Connor calmed down and got him started on some lunch, and then I walked down the hallway to have a little chat with Jared. He's BAWLING in his room, obviously feeling badly about what he'd done (he's very sensitive to getting in trouble and really takes it hard!). Then I can hear he's saying something as he's sobbing. "Mom's RIGHT, I DID do something bad! Mom's RIGHT!" (disclaimer here: I told Jared he'd made a bad choice, not that HE was bad or anything) more sobs from Jared... "WHY did I do that to my baby brother? That was SOOOO bad and MEAN! Mom's RIGHT!" I'm choking back laughter at this point outside his bedroom door, listening to hear what comes next. Then I hear, "Okay guys, I need your help." (keep in mind he's still totally crying while saying all this) "Snowy (his prized possession-stuffed polar bear), you go out and roar at the mean bear that made me do that to my brother, and Blueberry (another prized stuffed bear) you go tell mom I'm really really sorry and I'll never be bad ever again, okay?" BLESS HIS HEART!!! I couldn't even be mad at him at that point.

It's time like this where I really wonder if there's a little old man stuck somewhere inside that 3.5 year old mind because he just says things that seem far too advanced that well-thought out for his age... LOL I LOVE JARED

9 comments:

Kaci said...

Bless his heart is right...how cute is that.

kimmy said...

Cute story - my kids think I have eyes in all over my head. I even overheard my son tell another child to "stop fooling around" because I could see them (I was in the other room). Apparently he thinks I have x-ray vistion too!

Kimmy

Jen said...

I think it's the cutest freakin thing ever!

Kellan said...

That is a precious story - what a sweet boy you have there! I loved this post. Take care. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when you catch those moments?! They re definitely few and far between to actually get to witness them.

I have a Jared too... and he makes me smile everyday!

Valarie said...

Bless his cotton-picken' heart! (I have no idea why I put that) How adorable. I think my three year old uses the time he is sitting in time out to plot his next attack!!!

Anonymous said...

Jared is a really special little boy and he is an old soul. He is so genuine. I LOVE THAT LITTLE KID!
His vocabulary blows me away. Today he said some great stuff while I was watching him.
If you notice he is calling the old play cell phone the "navigator" it's because his bed was a sailing ship today. I found a captain hook puppet in the closet. Blueberry, and Snowy and Jared were my crew : ) The phone is what we used to navigate the ship. I wish I would have thought to make someone walk the plank. HA!

Maria said...

Aww that's sweet. Sometimes kids just say the sweetest things. We can really learn from them sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Jared is too fricking funny!!!
Missy