Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wishful Thinking

Jared is obsessed with wearing his Spiderman pajamas lately (which happen to be short sleeves and shorts). You turn your back on that kid for two seconds and he's stripped out of whatever season-appropriate clothes he'd previously been wearing, to put on the Spiderman pajamas (even if it consists of him digging them out of the dirty laundry pile...). Yesterday, he changed into them while my auntie was babysitting, and then he did it again late afternoon with the intent of going outside with his dad. Dan figured for a short time, it wouldn't hurt him, but made him wear a coat, a hat, and his rubber boots (which go a good way of his legs and would be somewhat like wearing pants...). WELL, Dan got busy chasing Emily around the yard and Jared was entertaining himself in the sandbox. Dan looked over at him and found Jared had removed his hat, removed his coat, removed his socks and boots and was happily playing in the sandbox in his shorts/short-sleeved pajamas in 37 degree weather. Dan insisted he put his coat back then and then I requested a picture... LOL We insisted he come inside a few minutes later. I guess he's rather ready for it to be summer?

Photobucket

9 comments:

Cattigan said...

Gracie is still running around in skirts and flip-flops. I've given up! LOL

Kaci said...

LOL! Nice! I want it to be summer too!

Kellan said...

How cute - what a cute story of your funny little boy! Aren't they hysterical? Take care. Kellan

kimmy said...

Kids can be so funny! Glad you got a picture of it though! He looks like he is having a great time!

Kimmy

Betsy Hart said...

you are too funny to think to get a picture... and can I say typical man to not notice that he removed everything that was there to keep him warm!! lol

Anonymous said...

I got freezing cold looking at my great nephew in that sandbox!
BURRRRR.
What a hoot tho. That kid is
a character!

Valarie said...

Adorable. I can't blame the kid. :) I have a favorite pair of shoes that I keep on wearing, no matter how uncomfy I am in them!

Maria said...

That's funny. I'm ready for it to be summer too, but only when it's warm out!

Jen said...

LOL I wish it was summer too. LOL Well at least he doesn't pull a reese and strip naked and then run through the entire house whilst dancing...nude. LMAO