Saturday, January 12, 2008

"First Year" scrap book

Emily and I are going to a baby shower for my cousin's girlfriend at my Aunt's house this afternoon. My friend Beth has been working on "first year" themed baby books and selling them recently, and she's been encouraging me to do some scrapping (which I've never done, but have been making my own cards for about a year now). After seeing her book, I was inspired to attempt one of my own. I kept it in all pink and brown themes because the mom-to-be is a self-proclaimed NON-girly-girl and the bedding they chose is pink and brown. I wanted to keep it on the simple side so it didn't end up being too frilly.

It's an 8X8 pink corderoy book, which up until YESTERDAY seemed like the textured material was enough "detail", but then I started to feel like it needed SOMETHING (this is what happens when you complete a project and then have two weeks to sit around nit-picking it!!), so then I added some ribbon and faux buttons:
Photobucket

Attached to the inside cover is the ultrasound picture they handed out, announcing the baby is a girl, and the very first page you see has a paper-crafted pregnant lady, and then a picture of the mom-to-be posing for a side-view belly picture. I don't have pictures of that because I thought I'd scanned them in, but I see now I haven't, but the book is already nicely wrapped, so it's too late! LOL

I included a small calendar on each of the monthly pages, for documentation of teeth, rolling over, sitting up, first visitors, first baths, first trips, etc etc etc etc... I've since hand-written in the name of the month and all the date numbers. There's also a spot on each page to attach a picture of baby at each given month old (there are clear photo corners to slide the picture in so they don't have to be glued or taped down).

Here's the newborn page:
Photobucket

Here's the one month page:
Photobucket

Here's the two month page:
Photobucket

Here's the three month page:
Photobucket

Here's the four month page:
Photobucket

Here's the five month page:
Photobucket

Here's the six month page:
Photobucket

Here's the seven month page:
Photobucket

Here's the eight month page:
Photobucket

Here's the nine month page:
Photobucket

Here's the 10 month page:
Photobucket

Here's the 11 month page:
Photobucket

Here's the 12 month page (it scanned as two different colors for each page, but it's really a shade of inbetween those two...LOL):
Photobucket

And the last page (one pay layout) is for a picture of baby covered in cake at her first birthday party:
Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She will LOVE it! I wish I had something like that when my kids were born.

Kaci said...

I love it too and you are so making me one when I have another.

Anonymous said...

OH... MY... GOSH! It's beautiful and probably the BEST gift she'll receive. Will you be my friend?? ;)

Kellan said...

What a beautiful gift - what a beautiful gift - she should simply love it. What a good job you did!

Have a great weekend Leah - see you soon. Kellan

Cattigan said...

That's beautiful! Great job!
Almost makes me wanna have another one... now if it wasn't for the crying and poop and middle of the night feedings and lack of sleep...

Mrs. B said...

That is beautiful Leah!

TheOneTrueSue said...

This is SO gorgeous. You really have a talent. What an amazing gift, and what a lucky friend!

Betsy Hart said...

OMG I want one!!! How much!?! seriously!! B-E-A-utiful!!

kimmy said...

What a great idea! I do Creative Memories scrapbooking and I love it! Hopefully, my kids will appreciate all my hard work when they are older!

Kimmy