Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Life's Little Tidbits Part 6

The Logic

Emily and Jared spent part of New Year's Day with my mom since my dad was working and Dan and I needed to get some stuff done around the house. The kids were pretending to be dogs (that could talk) and Jared pretended to bury his bone. My mom commented that she wondered whether dogs really remember where they bury their bones, and Emily replied that if squirrels could remember where they hid their nuts, dogs could remember where they hid their bones. Can't argue with that!

The Goofball

Jared wanted to play in the "tent" my mom set up, but he also wanted to watch the movie that was playing, so he stuck his head out the side to see the movie, but could still be in the tent.
Photobucket

The Pickles

I took the boys to the mall today to pick up our Christmas pictures from JCPenney's and to check out a few sales. Jared asked ever so sweetly for McDonald's for lunch, and since we needed to kill a bit of time (we were meeting up with someone to drop something off and our shopping didn't take as long as I'd planned), I agreed. He was eating his cheeseburger and partway through, ended up with a huge bite of pickles clench in his teeth. He looked a little panicked, so I told him he could spit them out if he didn't want to eat them (assuming he'd bend over and let them drop onto the cheeseburger wrapper). Next thing I knew, two pickles flew across the table and nearly landed on MY napkin of fries (which I'd "stolen" from the kids!). He'd literally SPIT THEM OUT. I was so surprised I burst out laughing. Connor started up with his loud fake laugh (which he does when everyone else is laughing and he doesn't want to be left out), which made me laugh harder!

The Movie

My BIL's birthday is coming up in ten days. My MIL suggested the movie "Men in Black" as a gift because it's one of his favorites and their copy of it broke. She also said she's looked everywhere and hasn't been able to find it. I found it today while at the mall. YAY ME!!

3 comments:

Kellan said...

Really cute stories - I love the pickle story - HA! I also love the tent picture and look at all those snowmen - adorable! Have a good evening Leah - see you soon. Kellan

Kaci said...

LOL! Good thinkin Jared!! MEN IN BLACK...Will Smith...shivers...awhh the abs and that hunka burnin' man meat!! =)

Oh ya cute stories...LOL!

Valarie said...

I had to give myself a minute to recover from the pickle story before moving on...that pic of Jared under the table is so great....and man!!! That is a LOT of snowmen off to the side...and Yay! For finding the movie. Woo Hoo!