Thursday, January 24, 2008

It pays to have contacts...

My FIL called me up several months ago and said he got a practically brand new dishwasher off a jobsite, that was otherwise labeled for the dump and wanted to know if I wanted it. I agreed, and it's been sitting out in my garage ever since. The existing dishwasher was functional, but outdated, so there wasn't much rush to deal with putting the newer one in.

UNTIL YESTERDAY.

Tuesday night, I started the dishwasher and partway into the cycle, it started making some really horrible sounds, so Dan opened it up and discovered that the soap was still all in the soap slots, the bottom was full of water, but the dishes weren't getting wet AT ALL.

We thanked our lucky stars there was another dishwasher out in the garage, because let's just say a dishwasher is NOT in our budget at this time (not without credit card help).

We unloaded all the dirty dishes into the sink to be dealt with later
Photobucket

Then I called my FIL yesterday morning to ask him to come down and install the "new" dishwasher for us after work. He showed up right about 3pm and got straight to work taking out the old one.
Photobucket

He decided it was really a two person job, so went back home and then returned once Dan was home and they got to work on it together
Photobucket

Photobucket

Looks weird with a big hole in the line of cupboards with the dishwasher out!
Photobucket

And wait, what's that in the corner? A MOUSE NEST? AUGHHHH!!!! Thank goodness the best kitty in the world, Bella, caught the mouse already before Christmas... (doesn't it make you wonder what might be living under YOUR dishwasher??)
Photobucket


In comes the "new" dishwasher!
Photobucket

Connor learns a little bit about the innerworkings of the dishwasher while daddy's off buying a part we needed
Photobucket

After running it once through as a test, then loading it with dishes and running it through again, I now have an empty sink and clean dishes! YIPPEE!!

9 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Is it wrong of me to say that I think that mouse nest is kind of cute and cozy looking? You gotta give the poor dead mouse credit - that must have taken a lot time to get "just right!"

Btw, I think you ONLY included the shot of the "in comes the new dishwasher" so you could show off hubby's tooshie!! :-)

Hallie

Kellan said...

That little Connor is so cute and such a good little helper leaning how to be a handyman!! Nice to have a new dishwasher too - Woo Hoo! It does pay to have contacts - good you have that FIL. See you later Leah - have a good evening. Kellan

Betsy Hart said...

I agree with Hallie about the tooshie pic!! lol. Good to hear the new dishwasher is working, and that your sink is empty and that your kids didn't have to bathe in the sink, I mean you didn't have to wash dishes in the tub! lol.

And is it just me or are these letter codes we have to imput getting longer?? lol

Anonymous said...

It doesn't pay to be related to me.
My dryer died last month, my toaster and my coffee pot too! Now your dishwasher. WHAT NEXT?
Please don't say TRANSMISSION!

I know Danny is my Nephew in Law
but I agree with the ladies. Nice ASS Mister! This could possibly scare the man so don't tell him this old auntie thinks he's hot.
Gotta love me!

Anonymous said...

Hey, What about my Butt.

Dan Sr.

Anonymous said...

amazing to have contacts (and amazing ones at that, that even help with install)! Everything always for a reason. Lucky girl!

Valarie said...

Note to self: I guess you never know when it's gonna come in handy to have an extra dishwasher lying around...

kimmy said...

Lucky that you had another one in the garage! I hate do dishes just about as much as I hate ironing!

Kimmy

Jen said...

SO JEALOUS! Our NEW dishwasher has split personalities. Seriously