Friday, January 4, 2008

I've been tagged!

Maria tagged me for a birth month meme.

The rules are, you list the charasteristics of your birth month (check out the complete list below my answers) and then make a comment next to each one about how it applies to you (or not!). Then you're supposed to tag 12 people, but I'm not sure I "know" 12 consistant bloggers to take on the task! LOL

My birthday is in May:

Stubborn I agree that I can be stubborn, but only when I'm right.

Hard HeartedI don't consider myself hard-hearted. I think I'm actually a bit of a softy and a sap!

Strong-willed I think I can be rather strong-willed, too. But only when I'm right. I know when to back down. But I'm never wrong. So there. (just kidding!).

highly motivated I can be highly motivated. I'm highly motivated to avoid the clutter in the kitchen for as long as possible. I'm highly motivated to seek out all junkfood in the house and taste test while the kids are napping. ha ha! But truly, there are plenty of things I'm really big about doing: reading to the kids everyday, telling them how much I love and appreciate them (and I really do make a point to do this several times a day). But there are plenty of things I'm not very motivated to do (deal with clutter, weed, etc)


Sharp thoughts I think I'm confused on what this one really means, but I can be a bit of a quick-thinker and smart when I need to be. LOL

Easily angered I do tend to get annoyed or irritated rather quickly. Just ask my husband.

Attracts others and loves attentionI would say this is NOT me so much! I'm more of a stand in the crowd, not in front of it kind of girl. Put me up in front of the crowd and you'll see my chin quiver while I fight off nervous tears! And as for attracting others, I don't think that's very true either.

Deep feelings I think this probably describes me rather well. When I love, I love whole-heartedly, when I'm fighting for something I believe in, I go for it 100%, etc. I don't make decisions lightly, I don't take friendships and relationships for granted.

Beautiful physically and mentally I'm not even gonna comment on the physically part of that because if you know me, you know my thoughts already! The mentally part, I will comment on. I think it sounds rather conceited to say I'm beautiful mentally, but I guess I would say that about myself if I had to choose between yes and no! I think there's plenty I can learn, and plenty I should TRY to learn, but I think I have a broad grasp of the important stuff, at least.

Firm Standpoint If I believe in something, I stand very firm in those beliefs.

Needs no motivation If it's something I'm interested in, I take it on without much regards to the consequences (for example, I decided to make my own Christmas cards this year, knit several gifts, plus attempt scrapbooking, all within the same month and got NO sleep as a result). If I think I can do something to help someone, I jump right in. But if it's something I'd rather not do, or don't believe in, or don't see the point of, I'm not very motivated at all!

Easily consoled I don't really think this is me at all. If I'm upset, I have to work out within myself and it doesn't much matter what anyone else says/does. Not saying it's not nice for people to TRY... LOL I'm also a bit of a grudge holder. If you're mean to me or someone I care about, I have a hard time letting go of it

Systematic (left brain) I'd say so. I'm the queen of "to do" lists, and having things in certain places (and put away a certain way, in a certain place). Touch of OCD maybe? I do have a lot of clutter, so my husband would argue that I'm not very organized or systematic, but the craft clutter is on the craft desk and the bill clutter is in the bill area, etc. But try putting something away in the wrong spot and just see if I don't come along and fix it... There's a method to my madness, I promise!

Loves to dream Doesn't everyone have something they dream about? My big dream is to win several million dollars so I know college for my children is taking care of, so I can remodel my house, so I can take fancy vacations with my family and really experience the world, etc.

Strong clairvoyanceNO! I have no ability to sense invisible presences, to predict any future events, and if I ever strongly suspected I'd truly seen a ghost, you may as well just lock me in a padded room, because it would disturb and distress me THAT greatly! I was a good streak of correctly guessing the sex of people's babies. I was up to 8 correct guesses, but then I've been wrong the last four times, so apparently, if you want to know what you're having, ask me what I think and then plan on the opposite! ha!

Understanding I think this is very situational. If you're being stupid, I'm not going to be very understanding of your stupidity. But I do always try to be a compassionate, caring, and supportive person.

Sickness usually in the ear and neck If this had said "sickness of the nose/chest/eyes, I'd have readily agreed. I'm plagued by allergies, and end up with red, itchy, puffy eyes; I end up with either major sinus pressure, or a flooding nose; and I end up with a cough and a heaviness to my chest. DUST is a major trigger. But my ears and neck are just fine, thank you!

Good imagination This used to be true. I could play by myself for HOURS on end with my Barbies or My Little Ponies, etc and have elaborate storylines for them all. My friends and I would play house at recess with elaborate storylines. NOW? I try to play Barbies with Emily, I sit there with a Barbie in my hand and a completely blank head, and I start to sweat over the nervousness of a blank head and a Barbie in my hand. It's not a pretty sight. My imgination is GONE.

Good physical No. I like my goodies too much. That, and along with my allergies comes mild asthma. Too much activity brings on that lovely cough and tightness in my chest. I like breathing too much to push the phsical acitivity too hard. The physical shape suffers as a result.

Weak breathing Imagine my shock and laughter as I read this one, after just typing about my mild asthma. LOL!! yeah, I'd say this one's spot-on.

Loves literature and the arts YES, I love to read. But here's the secret, I love reading trashy romance novels... I used to read Parenting and Parents magazines, but I can't seem to find time for much reading of ANY kind lately. Too busy knitting, and card-making, and mothering, and taxi-driving, and cleaning and cooking (those are all arts, right?). I don't understand poetry, I don't get most paintings, so if we're talking LITERATURE and ARTS, count me out. But if we're talking READING and CRAFTS, I'm in! LOL

Loves traveling I like the IDEA of traveling, I guess. I haven't exactly traveled much to say I LOVE traveling. By plane, I've been to Montana, Pennsylvania (three times), and Nevada (vegas!). By car I've been to Idaho, Oregon, California, and Nevada (Reno). In theory, there's lots of places I'd LOVE to visit/travel to, but I'm really kind of a home-body, and the idea of being in a foreign country, lost, with no one "just around the corner" to call, TERRIFIES me. That, and I don't have enough money to be a well-traveled person. LOL

Dislike being at home Um, no, I kind of like being at home! And I like being surrounded by things I know. Have I ever mentioned I live only 7 minutes from the house I grew up in?

Restless I do like to be active with SOMETHING, be it sitting and reading to my kids, playing games, reading, knitting while watching TV, blogging, cleaning (when I have to!), emailing, IM-ing, making phone calls, working on SOMETHING crafty, so I guess you could say I'm restless. But not in the terms I think it's asking. I'm content with my life and my family and my activities and if nothing changes, I won't cry over it. But I won't turn down several million dollars either!

Not having many children How many is not very many? Because I have three. Which isn't very many compared to two bloggers I keep up with who each have SIX kids. But it's more than PLENTY of people who only have ONE kid! If we had a bigger house, and a lot more money, I'd have at least one more in a heartbeat. Although I'd have to really work at convincing Dan, who thinks three is PLENTY. But if we had the money and the space, I don't think it would take much convincing...

Hardworking I can be this! If I want to be! I think I work hard at a lot of things!

High spirited all I can think of is a horse when I hear that phrase. I'm not a horse. I guess I can be a little high-spirited. I want things a certain way sometimes and don't mess with me about it!

Spendthrift When it comes to ME, I'm very thrifty. My wardrobe pretty much consists of two pairs of pants, a handfull of shirts and one fleece pull-over. I feel guilty buying for myself, and I don't have any fun when nothing I try on fits anyway... And I TRY to be thrifty with kid stuff, but I guess if there's an area where I tend to "overspend" (still within our budget, mind you), it's on the kids. I like to buy little "just because" things for them, etc. Good bribes for good behavior, little things to hand out on a whim or whatever, etc etc etc. And I don't feel too guilty buying yarn and paper crafting stuff, because the knit projects and home-made cards are for other people... But overall, we shop for bargains, we watch sales, we save for bigger things instead of using credit cards for them, we shop at affordable places (Target and Costco are top two on the list!), and we save where we can. So, I would say Spendthrift is a good term.

I tag Gretchen , Betsy , Kristina , Jen , Sue , Valarie , Kimmy , Melissa , and Syra . I'd have tagged Kellan but she already got tagged.

BIRTH MONTH CHARACTERISTICS:
JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people’s flaws and weaknesses. Likes to criticize. Hardworking and productive. Smart, neat and organized. Sensitive and has deep thoughts. Knows how to make others happy. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Rather reserved. Highly attentive. Resistant to illnesses but prone to colds. Romantic but has difficulties expressing love. Loves children. Loyal. Has great social abilities yet easily jealous. Very stubborn and money cautious.
FEBRUARY: Abstract thoughts. Loves reality and abstract. Intelligent and clever. Changing personality. Attractive. Sexy. Temperamental. Quiet, shy and humble. Honest and loyal. Determined to reach goals. Loves freedom. Rebellious when restricted. Loves aggressiveness. Too sensitive and easily hurt. Gets angry really easily but does not show it. Dislikes unnecessary things. Loves making friends but rarely shows it. Daring and stubborn. Ambitious. Realizes dreams and hopes. Sharp. Loves entertainment and leisure. Romantic on the inside not outside. Superstitious and ludicrous. Spendthrift. Tries to learn to show emotions.
MARCH: Attractive personality. Sexy. Affectionate. Shy and reserved. Secretive. Naturally honest, generous and sympathetic. Loves peace and serenity. Sensitive to others. Loves to serve others. Easily angered. Trustworthy. Appreciative and returns kindness. Observant and assesses others. Revengeful. Loves to dream and fantasize. Loves traveling. Loves attention. Hasty decisions in choosing partners. Loves home decors. Musically talented. Loves special things. Moody.
APRIL: Active and dynamic. Decisive and hasty but tends to regret. Attractive and affectionate to oneself. Strong mentality. Loves attention. Diplomatic. Consoling, friendly and solves people’s problems. Brave and fearless. Adventurous. Loving and caring. Suave and generous. Emotional. Aggressive. Hasty. Good memory. Moving. Motivates oneself and others. Sickness usually of the head and chest. Sexy in a way that only their lover can see.
MAY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Strong-willed and highly motivated. Sharp thoughts. Easily angered. Attracts others and loves attention. Deep feelings. Beautiful physically and mentally. Firm Standpoint. Needs no motivation. Easily consoled. Systematic (left brain). Loves to dream. Strong clairvoyance. Understanding. Sickness usually in the ear and neck. Good imagination. Good physical. Weak breathing. Loves literature and the arts. Loves traveling. Dislike being at home. Restless. Not having many children. Hardworking. High spirited. Spendthrift.
JUNE: Thinks far with vision. Easily influenced by kindness. Polite and soft-spoken. Having ideas. Sensitive. Active mind. Hesitating, tends to delay. Choosy and always wants the best. Temperamental. Funny and humorous. Loves to joke. Good debating skills. Talkative. Daydreamer. Friendly. Knows how to make friends. Able to show character. Easily hurt. Prone to getting colds. Loves to dress up. Easily bored. Fussy. Seldom shows emotions. Takes time to recover when hurt. Brand conscious. Executive. Stubborn.
JULY: Fun to be with. Secretive. Difficult to fathom and to be understood. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Takes pride in oneself. Has reputation. Easily consoled. Honest. Concerned about people’s feelings. Tactful. Friendly. Approachable. Emotional temperamental and unpredictable. Moody and easily hurt. Witty and sparkly. Not revengeful. Forgiving but never forgets. Dislikes nonsensical and unnecessary things. Guides others physically and mentally. Sensitive and forms impressions carefully. Caring and loving. Treats others equally. Strong sense of sympathy. Wary and sharp. Judges people through observations. Hardworking. No difficulties in studying. Loves to be alone. Always broods about the past and the old friends. Likes to be quiet. Homely person. Waits for friends. Never looks for friends. Not aggressive unless provoked. Prone to having stomach and dieting problems. Loves to be loved. Easily hurt but takes long to recover.
AUGUST: Loves to joke. Attractive. Suave and caring. Brave and fearless. Firm and has leadership qualities. Knows how to console others. Too generous and egoistic. Takes high pride in oneself. Thirsty for praises. Extraordinary spirit. Easily angered. Angry when provoked. Easily jealous. Observant. Careful and cautious. Thinks quickly. Independent thoughts. Loves to lead and to be led. Loves to dream. Talented in the arts, music and defense. Sensitive but not petty. Poor resistance against illnesses. Learns to relax. Hasty and trusty. Romantic. Loving and caring. Loves to make friends.
SEPTEMBER: Suave and compromising. Careful, cautious and organized. Likes to point out people’s mistakes. Likes to criticize. Stubborn. Quiet but able to talk well. Calm and cool. Kind and sympathetic. Concerned and detailed. Loyal but not always honest. Does work well. Very confident. Sensitive. Good memory. Clever and knowledgeable. Loves to look for information. Must control oneself when criticizing. Able to motivate oneself. Understanding. Fun to be around. Secretive. Loves leisure and traveling. Hardly shows emotions. Tends to bottle up feelings. Very choosy, especially in relationships. Systematic.
OCTOBER: Loves to chat. Loves those who loves them. Loves to take things at the center. Inner and physical beauty. Lies but doesn’t pretend. Gets angry often. Treats friends importantly. Always making friends. Easily hurt but recovers easily. Daydreamer. Opinionated. Does not care of what others think. Emotional. Decisive. Strong clairvoyance. Loves to travel, the arts and literature. Touchy and easily jealous. Concerned. Loves outdoors. Just and fair. Spendthrift. Easily influenced. Easily loses confidence. Loves children.
NOVEMBER: Has a lot of ideas. Difficult to fathom. Thinks forward. Unique and brilliant. Extraordinary ideas. Sharp thinking. Fine and strong clairvoyance. Can become good doctors. Dynamic in personality. Secretive. Inquisitive. Knows how to dig secrets. Always thinking. Less talkative but amiable. Brave and generous. Patient. Stubborn and hard-hearted. If there is a will, there is a way. Determined. Never give up. Hardly becomes angry unless provoked. Loves to be alone. Thinks differently from others. Sharp-minded. Motivates oneself. Does not appreciate praises. High-spirited. Well-built and tough. Deep love and emotions. Romantic. Uncertain in relationships. Homely. Hardworking. High abilities. Trustworthy. Honest and keeps secrets. Not able to control emotions. Unpredictable.
DECEMBER: Loyal and generous. Sexy. Patriotic. Active in games and interactions. Impatient and hasty. Ambitious. Influential in organizations. Fun to be with. Loves to socialize. Loves praises. Loves attention. Loves to be loved. Honest and trustworthy. Not pretending. Short tempered. Changing personality. Not egotistic. Take high pride in oneself. Hates restrictions. Loves to joke. Good sense of humor. Logical.

8 comments:

kimmy said...

Hi there! My birthday is in May too. I'll write my list of things later...I promise. I must get to the grocery store PRONTO, Mother Hubbard's cubbards are bare!

Kimmy

Kellan said...

Yes - I have been tagged for this one and have not done it yet. But, it sounds like you and are a a lot alike - I am a Taurus too - that's what you are, right? I could just copy all of your answers (almost) and use them for mine - I'll be trying to do mine sometime soon. I liked your answers - have a good weekend. See you soon. Kellan

Valarie said...

Hey! I did mine. Wheh! This one was tough. I love your "highly motivated" answer. Sounds a lot like me. :)

TheOneTrueSue said...

Thanks for tagging me Leah... I'm gonna have to ponder on this one... The thing is, Barb over at sothethingisblog.blogspot.com - stole all my answers already ;>

Maria said...

I enjoyed reading your characteristics and getting to know more about you! Thanks for doing the tag!

Anonymous said...

I added your blog to mine so people can get the characteristics, thanks so much!! I loved reading yours.

Kaci said...

I still love you...lol!

Jen said...

CRAP I keep forgetting to do this. I will (I SWEAR IT) do it for tomorrow