Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Window Markers

Connor got some Crayola Window Markers in his stocking this year, because Santa was having a HARD time coming up with stuff that was age appropriate, that he hadn't already brought to Emily and Jared in past years... WHAT A HIT!!!

Emily and Jared totally took over the use of them (though Connor's had a few turns, too!). The novelty of drawing on a window is a HUGE thrill for the kids, and it entertains them for LONG periods of time. The added bonus is that the sliding glass door is actually getting WASHED as a result! It's something I tend to put off doing (laundry, dishes, floors, bedding, towels, bathrooms, etc are far more important in my book), so now I can say that the window has been washed four times since Christmas (the inside, at least!). It's also a nice conversation piece, and an additional art display in our home when company comes over. LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even the fishtank isn't safe (YES, mommies are allowed to use the markers, too!! Though I had a little help from a certain little girl)
Photobucket

I keep the markers up high when I'm not available to monitor their use because they pretty much say not to get them on anything else besides glass (no wood or material, etc) so I'm not risking it, but I would HIGHLY recommend anyone with children get their hands on some of these markers! They're FUN!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those are so cool! Where did you find them and who are they made by?

Jen said...

ok you have convinced me...I NEED THEM!

Valarie said...

So cute!! I haven't heard of these before. I am gonna have to go check them out (because drawing on the windows is definitely something I should be teaching my children to do. heehee). I think I will have as much fun with them as they will. :)

TheOneTrueSue said...

What an awesome idea - I am going to HAVE to steal it - thank you!

Maria said...

The fish tank looks pretty cool. Better there than on the walls, huh. Or on their quilts, that's what I'm dealing with now.

BTW, I tagged you.

Kaci said...

WAY COOL!