Sunday, January 6, 2008

Star of the Week

Emily was Star of the Week last week, and had her celebration Friday afternoon in class. She got to bring a special item in the "star of the week" box, and her classmates had to try and guess what was in the box.
Photobucket

After several guesses and it was clear that the item in the box was a white stuffed animal toy that wasn't a bear or a dog, her friend Rachel figured out it was her Lambie!!
Photobucket

Part of the Star of the Week celebration is getting to bring in a special snack to share with the class (we brought in chocolate chip cookies), and then you get Kinderbear for the weekend. Here's Em and Lambie and Kinderbear getting to know each other over a nice snack of chocolate chip cookies
Photobucket

Kinderbear had a nice spin in the washer and a long hot spin in the dryer immediately upon arriving in our home. The teacher said he really likes being washed and I was happy to comply! LOL

Kinderbear accompanied Emily to dance class Friday night. Here he is, posing with Emily and her friend (and fellow classmate and dance partner), Rachel
Photobucket

See Kinderbear propped up on his paws, watching the pretty ballerinas?
Photobucket

Then Kinderbear got to be a part of our Family Fun Night (dinner in front of a movie, then some sort of treat/dessert afterwards)
Photobucket

On Saturday, Kinderbear helped Emily with her workbooks (she got some princess workbooks for Christmas from Gram and Grandpa Dan and she LOVES to have me play school with her, using those workbooks!)
Photobucket

We forgot to take Kinderbear out to dinner with us last night, when we went out to celebrate Grandpa Jeff's birthday... I guess his adventure last night was being HOME ALONE!! ha ha!

Not sure what today has in store for us, but later on, Emily has to write in Kinderbear's journal about his "adventures" with us this weekend,and I'll print out wallet sized photos of the photos above to include.

FYI, Kinderbear has done some pretty fun things with her classmates so far! He's been to a professional basketball game, went and saw Santa Claus, rode on a dirt bike (for a five year old??????? aughhh!!!!!!), went out to dinner, went to see a movie, played dress-up, went on an airplane rollercoaster, and went to a Kid's Night Out at the YMCA. Kinderbear's got a pretty sweet life, don't you think???

8 comments:

Kaci said...

Totally cool!! Kinderbear sounds like my kind of bear...I wanna go to basketball game and on a dirt bike...and go to the mexican resturant for some salsa...LOL!

kimmy said...

My daughter takes dancing lessons too! She was a reindeer in the Nutcracker this past year. I think they are all so cute in their little tutus!!!!

Kimmy

Anonymous said...

I love her face when they're guessing what's in the box. And lovely hairdo for her special day. What a great idea for the kids. I think we got a note from Brooke's school saying that she's going to have a bear coming home with her some day soon. I'm sure she'll be excited.

Anonymous said...

that's a really good idea with that bear, my youngest son's 2nd grade class does something similar... but mails it off to family/friends - we provide the addresses - and they take pictures. They like to see how many states/countries that he can visit throughout the year!

She's a cutie!

TheOneTrueSue said...

She is such a doll - I love that bashful little smile she's giving in the first couple of photos...

Valarie said...

Kyle got to bring home a stuffed raccoon from school for a weekend. I also threw it immediately into the washer. It makes me a little sick to my stomach to think about all the places that raccoon has been.....

Anonymous said...

I liked the reference to HOME ALONE as it is one of my favorite movies.
I wish this Auntie could have met Kinderbear as I have an indelible black PEN. I want to paint his nose back on. When cousin Pher Pher's babyhood bear lost his eye sight due to the black eyeballs wearing off, what did this
Auntie do? I got my indelible pen out and he (Ted) could SEE again.

Jen said...

LOL those are great! (pics)
How awesome she got to be star of the week. At my house I am always star of the week but I don't get a cool bear to carry. I get a toddler though!
It looks like Em had a blast