Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Class Picture

Whoever decided it was a good idea to force small children to stand clustered together for any length of time, and look HAPPY about it, should be FIRED. LOL!!! I can barely get my own three kids to pose for a nice group picture, let alone 16 three-year-olds. My daughter's preschool class, BOTH years, were overall rather easy to photograph. I have two nice class pictures and several group photos from different events (Halloween, Chinese New Year, last day of school...). I thought somehow our teacher was just some sort of magician in her ability to get everyone lined up and holding still (overall). However, it's become rather apparent with Jared's preschool class, that it takes more than being an amazing teacher with secret magician abilities to get kids to stand relatively still and relatively happy. It takes one firefighter dad standing on his head off to the side... (follow their line of vision and you know exactly where he's at!)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not to take any credit away from the kids. We have a GREAT group of kids in our class, and although they're FAR BUSIER than the kids in Em's two years of preschool classes, it's not a bad thing. It's just different. And I'm there with a different child this time around (Jared, instead of Emily), so it SHOULD be different. And Jared's a far busier kid than Emily ever was, so he fits right in with his class. I love seeing all the energy. If only it was contagious...

SO, if you ever want to take a somewhat decent photo of a bunch of little kids, make sure to have someone on hand with the ability to stand on their head! You can't go wrong!

6 comments:

Kellan said...

So adorable and I can just see that dad over on the side, standing on his head = how funny. See ya.

Kaci said...

OMG I need to show you Elly's class picture...LOL! They all should be fired!

Betsy Hart said...

That is funny!!

Anonymous said...

Only the teacher is looking at
the camera! I had a hard time
spotting our Jared. I guess I need
glasses to see the computer now, as well as seeing in the mouth at work!
Boys are so different than girls, huh! Remember when my Tyler wanted to be the wild monkey or robber when you two played house?
You'd come say, "Auntie can you please make Tyler be the husband instead of the robber?" (Of course, there was a baby doll under your arm...) I'd march into the toy room and plan on telling the "sweat monster" that he had to be the husband but I think you and I both knew it wasn't worth the trouble. His hair would be sticking straight up and we both knew he'd never be husband material!

Valarie said...

That is too funny!

Anonymous said...

I miss that magic teacher. I have numerous class pictures with her and they all look like that! I love it!