Thursday, November 29, 2007

That's How It's Done!

Jared came up to me last night as I was getting dinner ready. He stared at me for a few seconds, then used a deep voice and said, "Pretend I'm your dad, okay?" Figuring this could be pretty fun, I said, "Okay! Hey dad, I want some candy."

J: okay!
me: Dad! you're supposed to tell me I have to have healthy food before I eat candy.
J: Oh yeah. No, you can't have candy, you have to have healsy (that's how he says it!) food first.
me: (throwing a pretend temper tantrum) I WANT CANDY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!
J: Okay! You can have some candy right now. (pause) See mom? That's how it's done!

And there you have it!

5 comments:

Kaci said...

LOL! Awesome!! Now...don't teach Elly that.

Kellan said...

They are just too smart for their own good!! That was so cute - don't just love um to death! Take care. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Haha so now you know!

Suburban Correspondent said...

See? It's so simple.

Valarie said...

Sounds like a pretty sharp little boy to me! Too cute.