Thursday, November 22, 2007

Life's Little Tidbits Part 5

The Knitted Square

I found a pattern online for a knitted square with a baby footprint pattern in the center. The idea is that you knit multiple squares and then stitch them all together for a blanket. I don't have time in the near future to knit multiple squares for an actual blanket, but I was anxious to test out knitting at least one square! I dug out some "scrap" yarn and got busy. Isn't it cute?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The flash washed out the pattern, but shows better the color I used:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Weigh-In

There was a scale at the Science Center that let you weigh yourself and see what you would way on all the different planets, and also on the sun. I wasn't getting on that scale for everyone in the room to see, but Emily was willing! (by the way, she weighs four pounds less on our scale at home, so I'm DOUBLY glad I didn't get on the scale at the science center!! LOL)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Footprint

Emily laid down in an impression of a fossilized dinosaur footprint at the Science Center and discovered she was the exact same length!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Kellan said...

Very cute - the knitted footprint and your daughter in that BIG footprint!! Have a good Thanksgiving, Leah - see you soon. Kellan

Anonymous said...

That knitted footprint is very
cool. It would make a neat quilt.
I like the picture of EG in the
dinosaur foot. It is rather fun that she is the same length, and it was fun for your blog that you had two feet prints to share!
Now where are my photos of baby feet...I need to dig them out. Smudge's feet and EG's feet from
the back end..Her diapered bottom sitting on her feet!

Kaci said...

I like it!! Looks super cute!!