Monday, November 12, 2007

Speechless

We had our usual Sunday-night dinner with my IL's last night, and after dinner, we were sitting around talking and my MIL mentioned that my FIL was thinking about paying for tickets for her, Emily, and myself to go see the Nutcracker this year. The FANCY Nutcracker in our area. The FANCY Nutcracker I've been wanting to take Emily to for the last few years, but then CHOKE over how much it costs and say, "Maybe next year!". My MIL mentioned it to Emily, who completely lit up, because she's seen the Nutcracker twice now (but not the FANCY Nutcracker) and has loved it. Emily ran to grandpa and asked him about it, and he took her right over to the computer and purchased three tickets for us to go. To go see the FANCY Nutcracker. I'm speechless. And I have tears in my eyes, because I know how special this day will be for Emily, and without my FIL's generosity, it's not something she would have gotten to experience for a very long time. Emily doesn't even have a clue how much she's being spoiled, but I do, and I'm very grateful and appreciative that she'll get to experience this while she's young enough for it to be that much more magical.

5 comments:

Kaci said...

Awhhh how sweet!! Grandpa deserves extra XOXOs!! Have fun can't wait to hear all about it!

Kellan said...

That is fantastic - aren't Grandpa's the best!!! I know you and Emily will love it and it will be such a wonderful memory! Great! See ya.

Anonymous said...

Okay not my child and I'm teary eyed! We suddenly came into Hannah Montana tickets and gave it to Natalie for an early birthday present. That was the first time we were able to ever do anything like that for any of the kids. She had a huge smile- I cried!

TheOneTrueSue said...

How exciting! Yay for Grandpa...

Betsy Hart said...

What a wonderful grandpa!! Is that the one we met??