Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas...

Sales ads in the newspaper are full of holiday decorations on sale, and the ads themselves are decorated in Christmas ornaments and holly images. Other members of the websites I'm a member of are discussing what they plan to purchase, who they plan to buy for, what they want, etc. I've been trying to work on home-made Christmas cards to send out, and Emily's been talking non-stop about The Nutcracker ("Is today a Nutcracker day?").

The baby and I went to Costco the other day and there's one whole section FULL of Christmas decorations, gift ideas, and wrapping paper. One particular display caught our interest, as there was a big red "try me" button right in front of it. SO, we pressed the button and got to enjoy a holiday light and music show. Three white trees (sold as a set) play Christmas music, while the lights on the trees change colors between red, green, and blue to the beat of the music. Connor enjoyed it so much (okay, fine, WE enjoyed it so much...) that when the first song was over, we pressed the button again and listened to another one!

This morning, I woke up to the sounds of Frosty the Snowman. The kids had decided to put that movie in for themselves, and when Frosty was over, they put in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go!!

4 comments:

Kellan said...

I love when the kids decide that it is time for everyone to be happy about Christmas and those Christmas movies are a good start. Mine, too, have put in a few lately -

Have a good Sunday. Kellan

Kaci said...

Ugh...not yet, not yet, not yet!! LOL!

TheOneTrueSue said...

I'm so not ready for it yet - not till after Thanksgiving, but the world is totally outvoting me...

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm one that's excited to start hearing Christmas songs on the radio even way before Thanksgiving.
How funny about the display. I always hit the try me button on those little dancing snowmen/Santas you see. I do it for the kids...really...but then it plays this obnoxiously LOUD and LONG song and I either try to get away from it or pretend one of the kids just HAD to play it!