Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Have I mentioned I like to knit?

My big plan was to knit a Santa hat for Connor, but when I tried to make the pom pom for the top of the first hat I knit, in the white fun fur yarn I was using, it turned into a massive explosion of little bits of white threads EVERYWHERE. I had to vacuum myself off. I wish I'd have thought to take a picture! That hat, without a pom pom, looked very girly, so I figured I'd make Emily a skirt to match and it could be a cute holiday set. The hat, on Emily, looked like a nightcap or something, so I decided to call the hat a loss and move onto making a matching headband for the skirt. I'll toot my own horn and say they turned out completely adorable!!!! (I should add I didn't have a pattern to follow for ANY of the things I made, except the flowers, but the rest of it was all straight out of my own head...)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Even with small needles, the yarn was so chunky, the flower is pretty huge, so I'm still not positive it'll work out as a very cute headband, but we'll see!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

11 comments:

Kaci said...

Shut up! Shut up right NOW! That is absolutely adorable!! I call hand me downs!!!

Anonymous said...

only if i get dibs after you Kaci!

that is so cute leah! you did a great job!

Valarie said...

Holy crap. I didn't even know a person could knit a skirt!! You go girl!

Leah said...

Well, I can't see all the photos for some reason, but HOW ADORABLE!
You rock!
I may have to try my hand at knitting a skirt for my girls! Is it easier than crochet?

Betsy Hart said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Toni, you can send it my way for Natalie... if there is any left!! I LOVE IT LEAH!! Great job!

Kellan said...

Very cute - the skirt and the little doll!! Take care.

Jen said...

OMG SO ADORABLE! Pattern please....

Suburban Correspondent said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

We just had this conversation- when again do you find the time?!?! You rock! Question- how much caffine do you consume during the day?!?! LOL

Cindy Lou Who said...

OMG - I'm placing the first order! I want one for Emily...Great job!

Elisa said...

Leah, I LOVE it! And here I've been wasting my time knitting a hat and mittens for Coco when I could have been knitting a super cute outfit like this!