Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Creepy Crawlies

More Science Center fun!

This picture makes me think of that movie, "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids." LOL
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If I saw a bug this big that was ALIVE, I think I would have a heart attack and die. And if I survived the experience, I don't think I'd ever be the same again...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Emily, the brave girl, saw a worker letting people hold the giant cockroaches and she wanted to do it, too. She didn't freak out holding it (despite the look on her face!), but was really afraid she'd drop it, so held completely still; wouldn't even smile. LOL
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There was a display case of examples of meals people in other countries eat REGULARLY. Eggs and honeybee larvae, anyone?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh, the things you can see and do at your local Science Center!!!

(on a random sidenote, for some Thanksgiving laughs, check out Valerie's list of jokes here)

9 comments:

Jen said...

GROOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Kaci said...

BAAAAAAAARF!

Anonymous said...

Aahh get that gruesome creature off of her!!!!!!!!!

Valarie said...

Ummm, I think I just threw up in the back of my mouth a little!! That is some nasty stuff there.
Thanks for the link to my blog and I'm glad you enjoyed the jokes. :)

Melissa said...

Whelp, I just lost my appetite for the evening! ROFL!

Man Emily is one brave girl. My heartrate sped up and I got all nervous just looking at her holding that big old bug! ICK!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Thanks for the picture of the giant cockroach. And I do visit your blog!

Kellan said...

Great pictures Leah. Those beatles are TOO big! Can you imagine??? Looks like it was fun. Have a great Thanksgiving. Kellan

Betsy Hart said...

I can't believe you were able to take a picture of her holding that thing!! I am just like Melissa on that one!!

Anonymous said...

I am very happy that EG held the big bug. Most bugs are good bugs!
But that is the gardener in me talking. My favorite bug is the big black stink bugs I find in the yard with the big hard bodies...The Black ones! Ever since I have had Coopie living me I know why they are called STINK bugs. Don't ask. : )