Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BOYS, BOYS, BOYS...

Here's me shaking my head in total bafflement (with a touch of amusement)...

Our city hosts summer concerts in the park every Tuesday night, and we were in attendance last week (with plans to go tonight as well!). The kids tend to just kind of run around in this one back area, playing tag, tossing balls back and forth, visiting, dancing, etc. I was doing a head count, making sure we still had all three kids accounted for, and I found Jared off along the fence:
Photobucket

I immediately started laughing and nudged my friend Jessica saying I think I might have a Peeping Tom in the making. I walked over and asked him what he was doing, and as it turns out, he was pouting, because I'd told him he couldn't eat the apple he'd found on the ground (which was a good month away from being ripe in the first place...). He was also upset that Emily had friends from school to play with, and he didn't. AND, he was upset that no one else would be Strong Boy with him (Strong Boy is what he calls himself when he's not wearing a shirt. Easy costume, eh?).

Connor, my drum-loving little boy, was FURIOUS we wouldn't let him up on stage to have a turn on the drums the Army band had set up (and were playing). He ran for the stage at every opportunity, and SCREAMED and SHRIEKED when we'd catch him and haul him away again. "MUM! MUM! MUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!" (he calls drums "mums"). Ohhh, how he was MAD. Can you tell?
Photobucket

I think we should have put in a request that he get a turn. How much of a show-stealer would he have been??!!??

8 comments:

Kristina said...

Your kids have definite personalities, that's for sure! That picture of Jared is cute. It sort of makes me giggle that he was pouting, but nobody knew about it. Isn't the point of pouting to drive your parents crazy so they let you do what you want?

Kaci said...

LOL! Poor deprived children! LOL!

Betsy Hart said...

You are just so mean to those poor little boys!!

Jodi said...

Mean Mommy!

I LOVE the pouting-peeper over by the fence. Funny Boys!

Jodi said...

Oh, and by the way...Guess who I saw at church on Sunday? I saw ERIKA! They are here with her sister (my backyard neighbor) - YAY! :0)

Valarie said...

That's when a leash would come in handy. ;)

Anonymous said...

Tell Jared I'll play with him -- Strong Boy and Strong Grandma! I'll be keeping my shirt on, though! LOL

Cheryl said...

Your kids are cute! Yep, pouting doesn't work unless Mom knows you're pouting--LOL!