Tuesday, July 8, 2008

She's out to get me

My EVIL (very dear) friend, Kaci, recently decided to add a work-out/weight-loss forum to our little mommy website, and several of us have jumped on the band wagon to lose some extra pounds, tone/firm up, and live healthier lives. After recently learning that my scale is 8.5lbs nicer than the last three scales I've been on, I decided it was time to make some changes. I went to Walmart and Target yesterday and got some work-out props (yoga mat, bricks, straps, and a big exercise balance ball) and some work-out DVD's to go along with them. At the recommendation of Kaci, I purchased Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Biggest Loser Power Sculpt (too bad they weren't $8.99 in-store!), and OMG am I dying (I did the Cardio Max DVD today). Talk about your major out-of-shape person, because I was sucking wind (I have untreated asthma though, triggered by physical activity), SWEATING, and my legs had turned to rubber by the end. LOL!! I also bought a pedometer to keep track of my steps throughout the day and will try and hit the 10,000 steps/day they recommend. I've been up for an hour and a half, but didn't wear it during the DVD, so in an hour have walked 1366 steps. Not too bad, eh? I'm really hoping this is something I can stick with. I've got 21 pounds I'd like to lose, and today is the first day on the road to a whole new me!

And Kaci's not truly evil. I'm excited to have a friend to help keep me going, and we have two other friends have joined the "fun" as well. If I do well, I will keep you updated on my progress. If I don't do well, then we'll all just pretend this post never happened... ha!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Oooh yuck! I hate exercise. But good for you. Do a few extra steps and I'll count it towards mine. Thanks.

Good luck!

Cheryl said...

Sorry I haven't checked back for a while! Painting & camping & babysitting...After hiking with Jodi & family during the camping trip, I realized I need to get in shape & am going to start back up at the clubhouse (they have an awesome workout room). I'm so glad someone has the drive to workout. I hate it! Love the music on the blog!

Kaci said...

Oh you big baby!! Suck it up and WORK WORK WORK!! LOL!

Mom said...

Stick with it, I bought both DVD's and I use them to break up my running routine. But I agree they are a killer.

Jodi said...

Oh, and by the way...

I updated - Ta DA!

I also got a free treadmill from one of the people my husband did a remodel for. It doubles as a very nice clothes hanger in my bedroom. Does that count as exercise?

Betsy Hart said...

HA LEAH!! I was totally going to post about this!! lol. I will now, just to bore the poor readers who read both our blogs!! lol. And it was kinda me who asked for motivators for my workout plan, and Kaci, being the WONDERFUL FRIEND she is went ABOVE and BEYOND by creating us our own special space!!