Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today is THE day

The day Carole and Rachel move to Florida. I can't believe it's finally here, and I just don't know what to say about it. I'm terribly sad, but excited and happy for them as well. I had Rachel over here for a few rather FULL DAY playdates right before we left for vacation, and they went so well. The girls get along so well and have so much fun together. I started taking a string of pictures of them and got this one and I just don't think there could be a better picture of the two of them!
Photobucket

I came up with this project idea to be Emily's gift to Rachel, and the only thing I wish I'd done differently was leave a portion of the matting blank so Emily could have written a little something and signed her name.
Photobucket

I used my Cricut maching to cut out the letters, flowers, and butterflies and then glued it all down and framed it. Emily immediately requested one of her own, and I'm not sure why I didn't think of doing one for each girl... LOL!

I also bought the girls matching stationary so they can be writing each other letters. Emily informed me that she doesn't need a penpal friend because she has a few penpals already. She wants Rachel to be a REAL friend. I explained to her that Rachel will still be her REAL friend, who just also gets to be a penpal friend as well. But I know what she means. It just won't be the same.

Excuse me now while I go shower and try to pull myself together to go spend the day saying goodbye to my dear friend...

5 comments:

Kaci said...

So sad...it's so hard to move away from friends!! Good luck today Leah and Emily!! XOXO

Jessica said...

Sorry! We will just have to keep you guys busy for a while good thing I planned the wedding just in time! Hugs!

Betsy Hart said...

I'm sorry Leah. Give Emily big ole hugs for me! It sucks, bigtime. I hope everything goes smooth for you today.... :(

Jen said...

I'm so sorry they are moving already! Sending you guys big hugs today!! LOVE those frames. Seriously adorable.

Cheryl said...

That's such a cute idea for the picture frame & the stationery. You're pretty creative, aren't you?