Monday, July 7, 2008

Things I've learned recently...

I learned that letting your child play in the sprinkler for hours on end can result in the much-needed nap for your child, which you'd pretty much given up hope on even attempting:
Photobucket

I learned that you should never wrap a present in a huge hurry in your bedroom, then dash off and leave the roll of paper, the tape, and the scissors to be put away later, because your toddler CAN (and will!) find them and have his own fun (with 1/3 of a roll of wrapping paper, and several feet of tape):
Photobucket

I learned that helium balloons do NOT last very long on a hot day (5-6 hours):
Photobucket

I learned that it really truly was HOT that day (by our standards anyway):
Photobucket

I learned that it's very very helpful to set the timer when baking cookies:
Photobucket

And lastly, I learned that Jared is very well-prepared in case of a natural disaster. I was stripping his bed to wash all the bedding and I found three cups of water, two extra blankets, an emergency crank-style lantern thingy, and a pack of fruit snacks (fruit snacks not pictured because Connor snatched them as I was trying to take the picture and it wasn't worth chasing him down):
Photobucket

10 comments:

Kaci said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was the cause of the burnt cookies...sorry again Leah! Mmmmm tasty!

Cattigan said...

Good thing to learn these things now! LOL

Betsy Hart said...

Good things to learn... sorry about the cookies and the fruit snacks.

Melissa said...

wow... someone learned a lot! :)

Jodi said...

I'm still trying to learn some of that (think cookies - eek!)

So... Blogging police? You'd better come get me, cause I may be in violation until tomorrow. We were gone camping for a week and just got back yesterday. I had seven (that's right - SEVEN - AAAAHH!) loads of laundry to wash, fold, and put away, and a trailer to unload yesterday and when I started to do the laundry I found out that the washer wouldn't drain - POOP! After tracking my husband down and getting it pulled out into the garage and fixed, I finally was able to start at about noon yesterday. So, I still have to load the pictures on my computer and blog about my whole camping adventure. Hopefully I will have something new for you tomorrow. :0)

Anonymous said...

yes, lots of good lessons...

cookies... you mean people make those too? I just always eat the dough. hmm.

kimmy said...

Good advice...especially about the cookies!

Kimmy

Mom said...

Aren't lifes lessons fun??? lol

Shan said...

Oh those poor cookies. Love the life lessons Leah!

Cheryl said...

I don't think I'll try your cookies--that batch at least--LOL!