Sunday, July 13, 2008

A few updates

I have my last PT massage appt tomorrow at 9am (unless the therapist requests more, which he said he might). My back doesn't ache throughout the day like it did in the first 2-3 weeks after the accident, but it still feels tight, and it's the first part of my back to feel tired and sore after doing things like holding Connor (and about a million other things). I had to purchase the carseat and stroller with my own money because they couldn't guarantee the check by the time we leave for PA, so now I have to nag them to reimburse me (the adjuster said they would).

I've been up every day at 6am to do some sort of work-out since Tuesday when I started. I've lost a steady 1/2 pound a day so far for a total of 2.5lbs. I'm working on portion control at meal times, drinking more water throughout the day, and being more mobile in general. I do have to admit I feel much healthier already. I don't feel over-full and "heavy" after meals, I have more energy, I'm sleeping better at night, etc. The kids are really getting into it as well, wanting to do their kid yoga tapes, and trying to follow along with mine when I do them.

I feel like there was something else, but I can't remember now!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm glad things are getting a little better for you. Sorry you're still dealing with the stupid insurance company - they stink!

Good for you on the 2.5 lbs.! HOORAY!

Kaci said...

That's so awesome Leah!! WTG!

Betsy Hart said...

WAY TO GO IDAHO!!! Lol. I had to say it!! Good job on the loss, and glad to hear you are feeling a bit better in the back area.

Jen said...

HEY on your way back pick me up for some lunch!!