Saturday, July 26, 2008

Grab a rag to mop up your drool...

Consider yourself warned, this lasagna is heavenly...
Photobucket

The recipe is from the "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld and it gets two thumbs up from Dan and I, and all three kids as well. It was also relatively simple to make, ESPECIALLY considering I've NEVER MADE LASAGNA before (Costco does a good job of that for me, usually). And with sweet potato and cauliflower purees, cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese, ground turkey instead of beef, it's a relatively healthy meal. It sounds like a LOT of flavors mixed into one meal, but it all comes together very very nicely. Dan talked about it for days afterwards. Emily had three helpings!

I'm not sure about copyright infringements so I won't post the recipe, but I do HIGHLY recommend getting your hands on this book and testing it out for yourself!

5 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I sooo want it!

Leah, can you come make me dinner?

Jodi said...

Oh, copyright infringements - Pooh! E-mail it to me! jodi77@q.com (please? Pretty Please?) It looks so YUMMY! :0)

Shan said...

Looks delicious. I have that book as well, but admit I don't use it all that often! My kids wouldn't eat lasagna anyway so I just continue to make it the way Mike and I like it.

Cheryl said...

I hope you e-mail that recipe to Jodi because then she'll give it to me. Not too sure about the cauliflower puree (yuck! LOL!) but the rest sounds pretty good.

You're doing GREAT with your diet!!! Keep it up. =O)

Jessica said...

Can I borrow it?